King House Retreat & Renewal Center
700 North 66th Street
Belleville, IL 62223
Kings House Retreat & Renewal Center is seeking applicants for a Maintenance and Grounds position.
POSITION: Building Maintenance and Ground Technician
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time – 40 Hours a week, nonexempt
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with maintenance tasks on the entire Retreat House property, including the grounds, the buildings and the maintenance equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help to maintain the outdoor property, including, among other tasks, mowing of grass, care of plants and trees.
- Help with the disposal of outdoor refuse according to instructions.
- Help with snow removal and de-icing as needed
- Help maintain the parking areas, as needed.
- Help to maintain buildings
- Help to maintain indoor floors (carpet shampooing, floor cleaning in the kitchen and dining areas, according to a schedule).
- Help with minor electrical, carpentry and plumbing repairs.
- Help keep maintenance equipment used by his department in good working order.
- Help repair equipment used in other departments.
This individual must have the ability to maintain composure under stress, demonstrate good problem solving skills while also being open minded to the opinions of others. Time management skills and active listening skills are necessary to comprehend instructions that are verbally provided. Have a mechanical aptitude, basic knowledge of carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems. Knowledge how to operate lawn mowing and snow removal equipment needed. Excellent communication skills both oral and written and good work ethic. This position does require some nights and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
High school education or equivalency preferred. 2 plus years’ maintenance technician experience.
Employee is required to stand, walk, use a step stool or ladder, use hands to operate power tools, and other general tools and equipment associated with building maintenance and roads and ground environment. Be able to lift up to 50 – 70 pounds, lifting from ground to waist and occasional waist to overhead.
Interested candidates should email resume and salary requirement to Diann Donjon at HResources@oblateusa.org