United States Provincial Finance Office (USP) at the
National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
(Position Location- Belleville, Illinois)
Exempt – Full Time
Summary of Position
The Assistant Controller will serve the United States Province (USP) and the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows with the overall finance activities and duties relating to the operations of the National Shrine and other Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) Ministry units as assigned. This individual will prepare/or direct the preparation of financial statements, audits, budgets, forecasts and other financial data. As well as collaborates with both the USP, National Shrine and other OMI ministries to provide financial guidelines and policies, presents findings and financial results. In support of a collaborative, team approach for the overall financial health of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly and yearly closings
- Financial statements
- Prepare yearly budget
- Development of system controls
- Conduct analysis for combine Utilities and then bill
- Prepare various general ledger account reconciliations
- Train and oversee staffing (Shrine) future (Oblate Shrines and Renewal Centers)
- Supervisor-Evaluation of performance
- Liaising with accounting software and IT department and Consulting for (Shrine) and future (Oblate Shrines and Renewal Centers)
- Review daily data entry for Store and Hotel
- Yearly Audit
- Oversee outstanding receivables invoices
- Recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies and procedures per new administration
- General day to Day Operation for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be detailed oriented, strong accuracy skills, work independently and possess decision making skills, ability to interact well within multiple departments, due to financial deadlines must be able to maintain composure under stress, understand the importance of confidentiality, know when to refer more complex problems to appropriate individuals, ability to multi-task, returning to other duties while remaining focused on the job at hand. This individual must be able to collaborate and communicate with multiple people within organization to keep multiple leaders informed and prioritized. This Individual will oversee or supervise other employees so must be able to maintain good communication and working relationships with other individuals within the finance department and other OMI units and institutions.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Non-profit preferred
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Supervisor Experience and Training of Staff
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Expert and Power user for Microsoft Dynamic GP
Scope of Supervision
- Currently the position supervises (2) Non-Exempt employees.
- For All business operation of the finance departments under Shrine & Renewal Centers OPEN communications with Directors and other Finance departments throughout the USP.
This position requires light to moderate physical activity with the ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, lift, see and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit and use a computer for long periods of time and make both oral and written presentations. Occasional travel may be required.
The work environment characteristics are those commonly associated with any general office position. Exposure to confidential information and cash is a regular occurrence.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org