King House Retreat & Renewal Center
700 North 66th Street
Belleville, IL 62223
Kings House Retreat & Renewal Center is seeking applicants for a Food Service Banquet Cook position.
POSITION: Banquet Cook
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
POSITION STATUS: Part-time – 24 – 28 Hours a week
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of meals to the guests of King’s House. He or she also supervises Food Service Assistants in the performance of their responsibilities. King’s House serves banquet style meals to all its guests. Prepares and serve tasty and nutritious meals on time. Tasks include preparation and serving of food, attention to guest needs during meals. Ensures clean-up, sanitation, and safety procedures in the kitchen. This person will be required to work most weekends.
This individual must have the ability to maintain composure under stress, demonstrate good problem-solving skills while also being open minded to the opinions of others. Must have a strong sense of Christian Hospitality towards all guest and coworkers. Posses the ability to continually learn and provide support to the Chef and other Food Service Assistants.
Education and/or Experience
- High school education or equivalency preferred.
- Skillset and aptitude to oversee employees in food service preparation, hospitality, serving of food, and clean-up procedures.
- Must have State Sanitation Certification or be willing to obtain certification after hire
- Must be familiar with proper sanitation procedures and be able to instruct assistants in sanitary procedures.
- Must be familiar with proper use of kitchen equipment and be able to instruct assistants in the safe use of equipment.
- Displays courtesy and tact in communications with guests and co-workers.
- Must be adaptable to varied work assignment; willing to be reassigned to different tasks as specified by the Chef
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking, bending and stooping.
- Pushing and pulling carts, lifting pots, pans, and boxes as required.
- Exposed to hot and cold temperatures in kitchen and storage areas.
Interested candidates should email resume and salary requirement to Diann Donjon at firstname.lastname@example.org