St. Henry’s Oblate Residence
200 North 60th Street
Belleville, IL 62223
St. Henry’s Oblate Residence is seeking applicants for a Part-time Cook. St. Henry’s Oblate Residence is a residential community of religious Priest and Brother’s located in Belleville, Illinois.
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
POSITION STATUS: Part-time – 16 Hours a week, maybe more as needed, nonexempt
Summary of Position
The part-time cook (PTC) working in tandem with the full-time cook (FTC), plans and prepares nutritious meals for lunch and dinner basically two days a week, i.e., Friday and Saturday (about 16 hrs.). The PTC picks up extra hours by working most holidays, with exception of Christmas and Easter. This includes lunch for the staff who wish to eat here. The PTC on working days is in-charge of cleanliness and good order in the kitchen, clean up dishes/pots/pans after meals, and dining room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Shopping:
- In conjunction with FTC plans at least a week ahead of time the meals to be prepared.
- Helps FTC prepare shopping lists.
- Keeps in touch with full-time cook(s) as to needs/recommendations.
- Informs supervisor and maintenance of kitchen needs in a timely manner.
Cooking and Serving;
- Cleans and sets the tables
- Prepares lunch and dinner
- Serves meals according to the community schedule
Care of kitchen area:
- Keeps the kitchen area, floors, counters, stove, refrigerator, pots/pans etc. clean.
- Empties and fills the dishwasher as needed
- Disposes of left-overs that are “past their prime”
- Refills cereal, cookie and condiment containers.
- Answering phone and doorbell during working hours
- directing calls – when receptionist not in
- Other tasks that arise, as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
High school education preferred. Culinary school a plus.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Must be organized and efficient
- Must be willing to learn
- Pleasant and neat appearance
- Self-starter and able to communicate
- Must have team player attitude
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to move from area to area in both front and back of house.
Work environment is common with other full-service kitchens. Employee is exposed to moderate noise level, heat when cooking and cold when pulling product from cooler or freezer.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to Diann Donjon at: