National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
442 S. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville IL 62223
The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants for a Director of Business Operations.
POSITION: Director of Business Operations
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Business Operations assumes direct supervision of the following areas at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows: Facilities (building, roads, devotional site maintenance, electrical and HVAC), Support Services, Hotel and Gift Shop. This individual will also work as the liaison between Shrine Restaurant & Banquet Center working with Saint Lorenzo Hospitality, LLC. This position works cooperatively with other areas such as Pastoral Ministries, Human Resources, Financial Services and Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides and executes a business plan to support programs and revenue goals for the Shrine.
- Builds a functioning foundation necessary to increase nationwide exposure to various aspects of the Shrine as well as sales of guest services (restaurant, hotel, group sales & reservations, support services and gift shop).
- Through subordinate supervisors, directs activities of the Facility, roads, electrical and building maintenance, Support Services, Shrine Hotel and Gift Shop monitoring profitability and cost containment while meeting growth goals of the Shrine.
- Manages directly or by delegation all personnel within areas including the hiring, development and training, meets regularly with employees to discuss performance and does annual evaluations on employees under their supervision.
- Motivates and provides support to all staff by regular meetings. Ensures a team approach and maintains positive and open communication.
- Mentor department supervisors through regular meetings, open communication and feedback.
- Through subordinate supervisors oversees and assists with the total budget including salaries, equipment and supplies.
- Presents a positive, unified image of the Shrine to the public.
- Maintains and analyzes data relating to visitor patterns, sales of goods and services. Works collaboratively with the pastoral ministries team.
- Researches and identifies demographic changes; recommending modifications to services and programs to meet needs to Shrine Director.
- Participates in evaluation and selection of appropriate new Shrine programs/events and develops necessary strategies/plans to support existing and new programs/events.
- Regularly meet with the Shrine Director on prioritizing projects, offer project updates and provide communication on any potential problems that need addressing.
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to evaluate needs for routine and scheduled maintenance and prepares long-range maintenance plans for the Shrine (buildings, grounds, roads, devotional sites, hotel).
- Oversees and assists the Maintenance Supervisor with soliciting bids from outside contractors for selected projects; selects contractor and ensures completion of quality work.
- Oversees and assists the maintenance supervisor to ensure all Shrine vehicles and equipment are in good working condition.
- Works with utility companies in planning and implementing utility services.
- Oversees and assists the Maintenance Supervisor with all state and federal codes and regulations required to be met on the property. This could include fire, sprinkler, hotel elevator, etc.
- Oversee Support Service Staff to ensure all janitorial needs are met for the various facilities.
- Supervises and trains departmental employees and support staff
- Oversee Hotel operation including directs the work of the hotel front desk clerks, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Coordinates special projects at the direction of the Shrine Director and/or U.S. Province.
- Develops liaisons with appropriate suppliers and vendors.
- Serves as liaison between the Shrine and the Restaurant and Banquet Center working with Saint Lorenzo Hospitality, LLC.
- Serves as liaison between the Shrine and BrightView to ensure proper grounds maintenance, WOL set-up and proper snow removal is taken care of.
- Will coordinate with Brightview and the Shrine Director on bad weather emergency days if facility needs to be closed.
- Works collaboratively with the Information Technology Department to ensure all needs are met in the area of telephone, point of sale, security cameras and any other Information Technology support needed for successful operation of the Shrine.
- Oversees security, badge and key access to buildings (along with the Maintenance Supervisor) and contracted security company on the property.
- Identifies information management resources necessary to support current and planned programs and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
College degree required with previous work experience in facilities management, project management or public relations preferred. Experience & Training: 3 to 7 years’ experience in a supervisory role managing and directing the work of others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. This position requires the individual to work both independently and collaboratively with team members and demonstrate leadership, innovation, and accountability of assigned responsibilities. Have a good understanding of Facilities Maintenance and OSHA and other Safety Guidelines. Also, must be able to schedule and manage the work within the departments, motivate employees and communicate effectively both to employees, top management and Oblates.
Skills and Aptitude
Good verbal and written communication skills. Current knowledge of applicable software programs, including Microsoft Office products. Ability to follow instructions operate various types of office and facility equipment, prioritize workload and work independently and be detailed-orientated. Must have the ability to function in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made, whenever possible, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; use repetitive shoulder, wrist, and hand movements; to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend at the waist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally need to lift, push, and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Scope of Supervision:
This individual will have direct supervision of two current supervisory positions (Gift Shop and Facilities) total over all employee under this position is up to 30 individuals.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Diann Donjon Address:
Human Resources Department
442 S. DeMazenod Drive
Belleville, IL 62223
Or email HResources@oblatesusa.org