The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants
for a Part-time Gift Shop Sales and Receiving Clerk. This position will require an individual to have availability days, evenings and weekend. At the current time this position is around 24 hours per week but could have the potential in the future to become full-time.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service for guests who visit the Shrine Gift Shop or telephone the store.
- Responsible for stocking and entering data for all merchandise coming into the Gift Shop.
- This particular dual-role position must be able to balance both the public customer service aspects and needs of the Gift Shop, as well as the back room data entry duties, throughout the same shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
**Gift Shop Sales Associate duties:
- Accurately enters sale data; processes cash, check, credit card and gift card transactions.
- Accurately writes special requests for merchandise, considering feasibility of request.
- Helps keep the store clean, dusted and the merchandise clean and well organized.
- Checks for merchandise back-stocked in the stock room and brings it to the selling floor as needed.
- Stays aware of customers to control loss of merchandise and reports any security issue to supervisor.
- Responsible for end of the day balancing of cash drawers, as needed.
- Stocks shelves and displays once merchandise is received.
- Prepares for and assists with annual inventory.
**Receiving Clerk duties:
- Unpacks shipments, accurately checks contents against packing slip or invoice noting any discrepancies or price increases; works with vendors to resolve shortages, damages, etc.
- Receives merchandise into the computer system from the purchase orders or deliveries. Determines selling price from established formulas, vendors suggested retail, catalog pricing or other established practices.
- Processes stickers and tags merchandise for the floor.
- Accurately prepares invoices for the financial services department, copies and files duplicates for the Gift Shop.
- Assists in keeping stock room organized and in a safe condition.
- Keeps empty boxes and excess inventory in a safe and organized manner.
- Must demonstrate Christian hospitality in every aspect of job providing excellent customer service.
- Must be able to communicate with guests, clerks, supervisors and all other Shrine personnel in a professional manner at all times.
- Good math skills, particularly in computing percentages are required as well as accurate data entry skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith is preferred. Must be able to work day and evening shifts including weekend and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Previous retail or data entry work preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, lift, push a cart and use a step ladder.
- The work environment is associated with a back stock room or warehouse.
- Worker is regularly exposed to cardboard boxes, Styrofoam peanuts and other packing materials which can generate dust.
Interested candidates should send resume to: Diann Donjon at firstname.lastname@example.org