The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants for a full-time Head Chef in our Banquet Services area. This position will report to the Director of Operations and will manage the delivery of dining services throughout the banquet facility with the highest level of customer satisfaction. The scope of this position includes the management and execution of food preparation for a banquet operation spread across multiple venues. This position will require an individual to have availability days, evenings and weekend.
POSITION : Head Chef
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
Summary of Position
The Head Chef creates and maintains a restaurant’s banquet menu and identity. From recipe development to execution, the Head Chef takes the lead and ensure that food is prepared properly, safely, and tastily. Manages the kitchen operations and direct reports, like sous chefs and cooks.
Education and/or Experience
- High school education or equivalent. Culinary school highly preferred.
- Must have 4 plus years of professional cooking experience in a volume operation.
- State Health Certified Food Service Manager Certificate.
- Food Allergen and Basset Certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to kitchen staff.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Must be organized and efficient
- Pleasant and neat appearance
- Self-starter and able to communicate
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to move from area to area in both front and back of house.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department 442 S. DeMazenod Drive
Belleville, IL 62223
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org