National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
442 S. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville IL 62223
The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants for a Hotel Supervisor. This position is a full-time position that will require availability days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Position: Supervisor of Shrine Hotel
Hours: The main shift we are seeking for this position is a day shift, however the Supervisor will need to have availability as needed on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Summary: Responsible for the general operations of the Shrine hotel, this includes scheduling of all workforce to ensure smooth operations of the business. Other duties will include dealing with customer concerns and complaints, preparing reports, and performing as the key individual of reference for employees, customers and external vendors.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares weekly schedule for hotel personnel and daily work assignments for housekeeping staff.
- Reviews daily hotel revenue and night audit reports, number of arrivals and departures.
- Prepares and submits to Finance Dept. the daily money drop.
- Directs the activities, motivates and supervises the Hotel maintenance employee, housekeepers and laundry persons and front desk clerks.
- Prepares various reports for Finance and the Shrine Director.
- Assists in preparation of annual hotel operating budget including projected revenue and expenses.
- Implements cost control measure.
- Prepares and submits weekly order to restaurant for hotel breakfast supplies.
- Plan and coordinates with Shrine maintenance supervisors regarding special projects at the Hotel.
- Works with outside vendors in negotiating best prices for items associated with Hotel.
- Fills in as Front Desk Clerk as needed.
- Fills in as Housekeeper/Laundry attendant/Breakfast attendant as needed.
- Performs light maintenance.
Must show Christian hospitality by example in every aspect of the job. Must be able to communicate with guests clearly. Must be able to take instructions and work independently.
Education and/or Experience
High school education or equivalency required; some college is preferred. Previous work experience as a supervisor in a hospitality environment or hotel is strongly desired. Must be flexible and available to work any shift including weekends and holidays if necessary.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Diann Donjon Address:
Human Resources Department 442 S. DeMazenod Drive
Belleville, IL 62223
Or email HResources@oblatesusa.org