United States Provincial Office (USP)
(Location – Texas Area)
The Human Resources Manager will serve the United States Province (USP) with guiding and managing the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies and programs within the Oblate entities of the Texas area.
POSITION:Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
POSITION STATUS: Exempt – Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Areas of Human Resources can include; Workforce Planning and Employment, Strategic Management, Human Resources Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations, and Occupational Health, Safety and Security.
The HR Manager works closely with and provides support to the Provincial Administration Leadership Team as well as works in concert with each Texas location for a collaborative, team approach for the overall Human Resources health of the organization. This position will be responsible for fostering positive experiences and relationships within the Oblate entities to work towards greater understanding and collaboration within the area of Human Resources.
The HR Manager is responsible for the following areas:
- Evaluate salary trends and develops grade scale
- Recommends pay practices that support employer’s goals and objectives of attracting and retaining qualified talent
- Conduct job analyses and write job descriptions
- Recruiting procedures, including ad placement, interviewing, testing, reference and background checks and offers recommendations to managers and supervisors on candidate selections
- Develop and/or extend employment offers
- Administer post-offer employment activities (background/drug testing results, I9 forms, W4, 401K, medical/dental/vision, STD, LTD, LIFE & AD&D information, etc.)
- Add and terminate employee medical/dental/vision, STD, LTD, Life & AD&D coverage and reconcile invoices from providers
- Act as the employee’s benefits specialist and liaison between the insurance company and employee when services are denied or not handled correctly
- Conduct orientation process for new hires, this includes policies and procedures
- Conduct exit processes and interviews when employee leaves
- Assist employees in professional development, this also includes secession planning and identifying high performing employees and providing appropriate developmental training opportunities through mentoring
- Ensure policies and procedures comply with all state and federal regulations
- Develops personnel policies and communicates policies and employee guide to workforce
- Ensure the compliance of compensation and benefits with applicable federal, state and local laws (FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPPA)
- Negotiates and communicates compensation and benefit plans to workforce
- Assist in disciplinary actions when needed by Manager/Supervisor including terminations
- Administer all workers compensation requirement when there is an injury and post required documents to workforce.
- Provide payroll changes to Finance Dept. (salary, employee information changes, benefit changes, etc.)
- Coordinate employee annual reviews to Managers/Supervisors
- Responsible for confidential employee personnel and benefit files
- Determine health and wellness programs needed for organization (Annual Health Fair)
- Coordinate with Oblates ministries to develop safety procedures/plans (example; fire evacuations, fire extinguisher training, fire inspections, HAZCOM, hearing tests, forklift safety, first aid, CPR, AED, fire marshal inspections with boiler)
- Employee relations; assist employees in resolving employee complaints, frustrations and concerns
- Log all internal resumes for EEOC compliance and write all interested applicants after position has been filled
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Proficient knowledge of principles and practices of HR functions including recruiting, HR management, benefits administration, performance management, communication processes, compensation and wage structure, strong support of diversity, employment law, strong oral and written communication, English and Spanish required and excellent interpersonal skills. This person must be a patient listener, maintain composure under stress, work independently and possess decision making skills, understand the importance of confidentiality, know when to refer more complex problems to appropriate persons, ability to multi-task, returning to other duties while remaining focused on the job at hand. This individual must also be able to identify common needs that exist between multiple organizations and must be able to work collaboratively with various levels of authority.
Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management or equivalent. Plus 6-8 years’ experience. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification required. This individual will need to continually keep abreast on developing trends and laws within HR. This will be done by participating in local HR groups, attending HR training classes, seminars and other associated HR opportunities to stay current with the HR field.
Interested candidates should send ¬resume and salary requirements:
Dalevonne Davis Address:
Human Resources Department 391 Michigan Avenue
Washington, DC 20017-1516
Or email HR@omiusa.org