Oblate Madonna Residence 5722 Blanco Rd. San Antonio, TX 78216
The Oblate Service Corporation-Oblate Madonna Retirement Center is seeking applicants for a Kitchen Helper-TEMP, in a peaceful and calm environment. The majority of the residents are independent or semi-independent. The Oblate Madonna Residence is inspired by the compassion and love of Jesus Christ ministering among the sick and needy> The staff focuses on one priority: provide the very best for faith-filled, personal, professional and holistic care for every resident.
POSITION: Kitchen Helper
POSITION STATUS: Temporary, Non-Exempt
- Assists the Cook with all food preparations according to established procedures and follows menu.
- Performs all aspects pertaining to food service to include preparing delivering food trays to residents and guests and performs a combination of duties on the tray line.
- Collects dirty dishes and washes dishes.
- Prepares and sets salad bar.
- Loads, unloads and stores merchandise in the pantry, cooler, freezer and storage areas.
- Restocks front cooler, tables, cabinets and counters in the dining area daily and as needed.
- Maintains a clean working environment including sweeping and mopping both the kitchen and dining room areas.
- Coordinates with medical staff resident care needed in the dining room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK HOURS: 20-24 hrs. a week, 1 day a week and alternating weekends
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Six months to 1-year food service experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of food preparation, required.
- Knowledge of use, cleaning and maintenance of food service equipment, required.
- Proficient knowledge of safety procedures for food service equipment and kitchen cleaning chemicals, required.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions, required.
- Able to work in and maintain a cooperative working environment, required.
- Able to stand bend and walk without restriction for extended periods of time, required.
- Able to lift and carry 25lbs, required.
- Able to understand, speak and write in English, preferred.
JOB CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee referrals are welcomed.
Oblate Service Corporation and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer