Oblate Missionary Society, Inc.
9480 N. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville IL 62223
(618) 398-7640 ext. 3254 Fax (618) 398-5744
P.O. Box 659432 323 Oblate Drive, San Antonio, TX 78265-9432
(210) 736-1685 Fax: (210) 736-1314 Web Site: www.oblatemissions.org
Oblate Missionary Society, Inc., a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants for an SQL DBA/Report Writer. The Oblate Missionary Society, Inc. is a nonprofit mission development and fund-raising office, located in Belleville, Illinois and San Antonio, TX.
POSITION: SQL DBA/Report Writer- Information Technology Department
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
This position assists in managing our database and reporting environments and will work closely with the Director of IT and IT Programming Manager. To be effective in the role the person must be proficient in monitoring and optimizing the performance, security, backup, recovery, and integrity of MSSQL databases. Develops, maintains, and assists in the creation, implementation and development of SQL based reporting systems and reports; Write complex queries to verify data consistency; Work under limited supervision and with other IT members as a team.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Assist in monitoring and optimizing the performance, security, and database integrity of MSSQL databases.
2. Troubleshoots and resolves database problems.
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of MSSQL backup recovery models. Performs backups and restores.
4. Maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with integrations between MSSQL servers.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Monitor MSSQL performance and make improvements in indexing and maintenance plans to ensure operational efficiency.
7. When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
8. Reviews and evaluates reports on database performance and problems; analyzes and diagnoses data base system problems and takes appropriate corrective action by applying performance tuning and/or hardware upgrades where needed.
9. Performs installation and upgrade of SQL software, report writer servers, and data base related products.
10. Assist in the utilization, implementation and maintenance of MSSQL on cloud based services Azure, AWS, etc.
11. Assist in implementation and maintenance of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
12. Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
13. Develop and implement operational automation using scripts.
14. Implements and maintains database reporting systems.
15. Builds or assists in building reports incorporating data from multiple MSSQL servers and databases.
16. Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
17. Provide timely / consistent support to end users on a variety of issues via phone, email or trouble ticket regarding any reporting or database issues.
18. Works with departments and production vendors to securely transfer data to and from vendors.
19. Develops written documentation and maintains technical policies and specifications for database system, maintenance, and coordinates their implementation.
20. Assist in the development of disaster recovery plan for database systems.
21. Participate in the creation of procedures, projects and processes related to MSSQL.
22. Supports customer service staff in data access or data base system related problems.
23. Implements database security and encryption.
24. Installs and tests database upgrades and patches.
25. Evaluates and recommends new database technologies.
26. Remains abreast of current system technologies.
27. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field from an accredited college, university or technical school, required.
Experience as a MSSQL DBA. 3+ years’ experience, preferred
Experience with MS SQL 2012+
Experience with Report Writing in SSRS or related BI
Experience with MSSQL database deployment/maintenance/optimization best practices.
Experience with utilizing MSSQL on cloud based services Azure, AWS, is a plus.
• Working knowledge of DBA best practices and concepts: backup / recovery, performance & tuning, monitoring and maintenance.
• Ability to monitor database performance including execution time and experience implementing efficiency improvements.
• Proficient knowledge of relational data base techniques for performance monitoring and tuning, indexing, security, backup and recovery, data segmentation, locks arrangement, and data integrity.
• Proficient knowledge of analytical skills with the capability of deriving and reporting on defects and problem resolution.
• Proficient with SQL Server Management Studio to manage databases.
• Proficient knowledge in writing complex queries to verify data consistency.
• Experience utilizing report tools such as SQL Report Writer (SSRS). Experience with Jet Reposts is a plus.
• Knowledge of conducting data base needs assessments.
• Proficient in systems documentation. Proficient knowledge in creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) and flowcharts.
• Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Must work independently with minimal supervision or work as a team player in a small but diverse environment.
• Willingness to learn every day and share what you have learned with the team.
• Must effectively work with co-workers and vendors.
Qualified candidates should send resume and salary requirements to HResources@oblatesusa.org.