United States Provincial Finance Office (USP) at the
National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
(Position Location- Belleville, Illinois)
Exempt – Full Time
Summary of Position
The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller of the United States Province (USP) in the Belleville, IL office. The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in the Finance Department to include Balance Sheet Reconciliations, preparing and/or reviewing Audit Financial Statements, Monthly Financial Statements and Annual budgets. The Staff Accountant also will serve as back-up for all other finance positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analyzed monthly variances
- Prepare and review the monthly journal entries
- Serve as a back- up to Accounts Payable
- Serve as a back-up to Accounts Receivable
- Serve as a back-up for Payroll processing
- Assist in creating and reviewing financial statements
- Responsible for the distribution of departmental financial statements
- Assist departmental managers with financial analysis
- Assist in creating and reviewing budgets
- Assist in creating and reviewing audited financial statements
- Serve as a resource to the Assistant Controller for additional duties as they come up
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be detail oriented, possess strong accuracy skills, work independently and possess decision-making skills. Must have the ability to interact well within multiple departments. Due to financial deadlines person must be able to maintain composure under stress, understand the importance of confidentiality, multi-task while remaining focused on the job at hand.
Education and Experience
4-year degree plan majoring in Accounting, CPA, CMA or CIA is a plus. 5-years of progressive experience in the following areas: General Ledger, Analysis of trial balance, Special projects, Journal entries, Bank reconciliations, Account reconciliations, month-end close, year-end close, financial statements, annual audits and Microsoft Office Applications. ADP and/or Kronos payroll experience preferred, but not required. Experience with Great Plains and QuickBooks Accounting Software is preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org