U.S. PROVINCE OF THE MISSIONARY OBLATES OF MARY IMMACULATE, INC.
OBLATE SERVICE CORPORATION
The Youth Ministry of the US Province of the Missionary Oblates in Belleville, IL is seeking a Youth Coordinator to provide administrative support for the youth activities, programs and events of organization wide.
Position: Youth Coordinator
Position Status: Exempt/Full-Time – Belleville, IL
The position will have the responsibility for maintaining open lines of communication via e-mail or telephone with those laity cooperating with the Missionary Oblates in their mission with youth and young adults maintain an updated database of contact information as well as maintain communication with the pertinent committee and staff members at both the Canada-U.S. Regional level and the General Administration level. Responsible for the logistical organization of events hosted by the Committee (i.e., reservations, registration, transportation). As well as regional Oblate youth rallies, International Oblate Youth Encounters, and World Youth Days.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Requirements of the Position:
- Must be familiar with pastoral ministry trends in the Roman Catholic Church, especially with those that relate to youth and young adults, as well as an adequate familiarity with the mission and Charism of the Missionary Oblates and their mission work with youth and young adults.
- Position will require moderate travel to attend committee meetings and other related Youth related programs.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative to plan, organize and meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Communications, Marketing and/or Religious Studies.
- Experience working with youth in Youth Ministry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents; read, write, and understand English well; and communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Spanish not required but highly desirable.
- Must be able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken works and sentences from multiple speakers.
Dalevonne Davis Address:
391 Michigan Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20017
Or email email@example.com