The Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows is owned and operated by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, but it is through the generosity of our benefactors that the Shrine/Oblates are able to continue to reach those in need.
Your donations will help us continue programs for spiritual growth, Lenten services, our Annual Novena to Our Lady of the Snows and a family
tradition, the Annual Way of Lights Christmas display.
The Shrine’s infrastructure is in need of constant repair with your support the Oblates can continue to keep the Shrine open as a spiritual refuge for those looking for healing.
Thank you for believing in the work of the Oblates! You are an integral part of our mission.
The Shrine is a 501 (c)3 organization.
Founded in 1958, the Shrine was built by Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Through the years, the Shrine’s special events and ministries have been successful because of sponsorship and the many people who have supported us.
- Sponsoring the Way of Lights you have an opportunity to highlight your company as a proud supporter of a quality community event in the Midwest. Have your company name, logo and message seen by hundreds of thousands of people. Assist the Shrine in keeping the Way of Lights free to the community.
- Way of Lights Run is a 5K Competitive Run and 1.5 mile Fun Walk that takes place in the evening. The race is USATF Certified, with Athlinks Services Timing provided by Big River Running.
- Girls Day Out takes place as part of the Shrine’s Way of Lights opening weekend. The Metro Market is where our guests shop approximately 70 vendors ranging in over 30+ categories. The admissions to the Market is free.
- Shrine Programming, the Shrine offers year-round programs designed to educate, inspire and feed one’s spiritual being.
Shrine Memorials: A Permanent, Prayerful Remembrance
As people of faith, we know that some of God’s greatest gifts to us are our loved ones family members and friends who walk with us on our journey through life, who share love and laughter, encouragement and strength. The Memorial Program at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows was created by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate to honor and remember the people we love, to celebrate their lives and to recall the special times we’ve shared with them.
You can honor a loved one or commemorate a special occasion with a Memorial at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. With more than 200 beautifully landscaped acres and its many prayerful devotional sites, the Shrine is a wonderful place to remember a loved one forever.
Visitors to the Shrine, numbering more than one million each year, are asked to pray for those who are memorialized. Every day Oblate priests and brothers the world over remember those who have been memorialized at Mass and in their prayers.
When you have a Memorial placed at the Shrine, you honor a loved one and you reach out in love to poor and needy people in Oblate mission lands. Donations for Shrine Memorials support Oblate ministries in the United States and in almost 70 other countries around the world.
Request a Memorial at the Shrine now.
Charitable and Planned Giving
The Office of Charitable and Planned Giving fosters benefactors partnerships with the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. By making a planned or charitable gift to the Oblates, benefactors personally join Oblate missionaries as partners in Christ.
The benefactors of the Office of Charitable and Planned Giving support the Missionary Oblates in a variety of ways. The majority of gifts are from people that choose to remember the Oblates in their Will or Trust. Many others name the Oblates as a beneficiary of their IRA or 401(k) retirement plans. Some donors establish charitable gift annuities that provide them with a life-income. The Oblates also receive gifts of stock, mutual funds, real estate, bank accounts and royalties.
Our benefactors make the world a better place through their prayers, their time, their lives and their generosity. They become co-missionaries with the Missionary Oblates by helping them share the Gospel message of Jesus with His people from all corners of the world.
To learn more visit us at oblategiving.org
The Missionary Oblates invite you to become a Shrine Advocate for the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. As a Shrine Advocate you will support our year-round schedule of spiritual events and programs.
Each year more than one million pilgrims deepen their relationship with God as they experience the Shrine and its many devotional sites. The Shrine provides healing and hope to many but we need your spiritual and financial support so that we can continue to provide the highest quality spiritual events and programs.
When you join us as a Shrine Advocate you’ll become a member of our Shrine family, a family devoted to the Catholic tradition. You will be
remembered in prayer by the Shrine’s pilgrims, and by over 4,100 Missionary Oblate priests and brothers. Plus, you’ll receive these exclusive Shrine Advocate benefits:
- The Advocate News, published quarterly, which will give you an insider’s view of the Shrine’s events and programs.
- With your first donation you will receive a complimentary Our Lady of the Snows Chaplet, Meditations Booklet and a personalized Shrine Advocates Enrollment Certificate.
- When your donations reach a total of $50, we will light a nine-day Votive Candle for you and your personal intentions at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows.
- When your donations reach a total of $100, you can have a personalized Memorial plaque placed at one of four devotional sites at the Shrine.
- When your donations reach a total of $250, you can have a personalized brick Memorial placed at the Shrine’s Lourdes Grotto.
- When your donations reach a total of $500, we will offer you a 26-inch concrete statue of Our Lady of the Snows perfect for your own
sanctuary at home.
We ask that you prayerfully consider this special invitation to become a Shrine Advocate, and help us continue to shine Our Lady’s loving grace on those who seek her guidance. Please also send us your personal prayer intentions so we can remember your needs during our Masses and prayers at the Shrine.